The Planning Board is comprised of seven members. Five of the members represent the incorporated city limits and shall be appointed by the Town Council. Two members represent the extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ) zoning district and shall be appointed by the Yadkin County Board of Commissioners. The Planning Board meets once each month on the third Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Jonesville Town Hall.
It shall be the duty of the Planning Board, in general to:
The Planning Board shall have the following duties in relation to the Zoning Ordinance:
(a) Certify the original ordinance to the Town Council;
(b) Review and comment on all amendments; and
(c) Review and comment on all conditional uses approved by the governing body as specified in Article 12 of this ordinance;
(d) Review and take action on special exceptions approved by the board of adjustment as specified in Article 12 of this ordinance.
- Doug Chappell, Chair term expires 06/30/2021
- Toby Butcher, Vice-Chair* term expires 06/30/2022 (ETJ Representative)
- Glenda Gilliam, Member term expires 06/30/2021
- Jeff Blackburn, Member term expires 06/30/2021
- Clarence Gray, Member term expires 06/30/2023
- Barry Swaim, Member term expires 06/30/2023
- Mark Parker, Member term expires 06/30/2022 (ETJ Representative)